An in-depth view of the components and styles that have shaped some of the most glorious and sophisticated landscape in Tuscany.
- Private gardens of the Florentine Aristocracy within the city walls
-The Anglo-American influence on great gardens and villas
-The Medici legacy in their grand parks
- Lucca’s villas and gardens and the influence of Napoleon era.
Examples of our Exclusive offerings and Special Private Access available in our programs:
• In depth tour of private gardens, among them ” Il Prato” of Pricipi Corsini, Marchesi Torrigiani’s private park and garden, the largest in Italy within the city walls(14 acres), and the famous “Giardino dei Boboli” legacy of Cosimo I de’ Medici, among others.
• We will have a garden expert with us at all times, to illustrate, together with technical aspects, the style of gardens influenced by affluent foreigners residents (mostly Anglo-Americans) who bought grand villas in the 1860’: Berenson’s“I Tatti”,”Rockefeller’s Le Balze” and others.
• The enormous influence of the Medici dynasty who left us grandiose gardens the likes of “Villa Medici a Castello”, “Villa Medici a Poggio a Caiano” which houses a stately park and a museum dedicated to the Medici collection of still life paintings,to mention but few.
• A day trip to the city of Lucca, where Napoleon’s sister Elisa Buonaparte lived for a period, and the influence of the imperial splendor can be seen in the design of many of its grand gardens: the former Royal Villa “La Marlia”, presently owned by Marchesa Francesca Antinori, “Villa Oliva” and others.
• Exclusive evening event: Enjoy the company of noble Florentines at an elegant dinner party in a grand private palace.
The entire program will be in a social context designed to meet some friends, prominent members of the Florentine society: meeting the owners at various gardens, a get together cocktail and dinner the evening of arrival, a social dinner at a private residence, once the house of Galileo Galilei, a lunch in one of the private gardens. In keeping with E&E Travel Society style, we will dine at superb restaurants, enjoy luxury accommodations, splendid food and excellent wines.
Would you like an itinerary for your group of friends, family, club, or affinity group? Contact us with your travel dates, destinations, preferences and number of people attending. We will work with you to suggest a program that fits your requirements.